- Used in conjunction with the MonitorIT™ device, this system has a laser for hole depth measurement and an in-cab display for blast hole drill rig monitoring. Additional functionality provided and information recorded includes:
- Generates a drill pattern with recorded GPS location for each hole with drill depth and time date stamp, all recorded by shift / operator.
- Uses rate of advance (penetration rate) to determine what material it is drilling through.
- Position and advance rate of rotary head measured to determine whether the rig is drilling, in free fall, reaming etc.
- Operator interface located on control panel in cab provides a digital readout of quantity of rods added, current hole depth, and the material being drilled through (Overburden, Interburden, Presplit and Parting).
- The Operator interface also includes the ability to initiate the following events (all time and date stamped):
- A stoppage buttons for:
· Break Downs
- Diesel Fill up - when pressed prompts operator to enter the litres of Diesel pumped
- Change Drill Bit - operator enters the bits serial number allowing computation of associated hours of usage
- Change ROD - used to track hours between replacing RODs in the carousel
- All this information is wirelessly brought back to GLANCE in real time for reporting and monitoring purposes. No one has to
go to the machine to download.